Thursday, December 15, 2005

So. Simon was here Monday to Wednesday eeeeeeeeeeeeee :D Was lovely to be with him again after six long weeks (why do we commit to so much stuff and make ourselves too busy to see each other for an age? Why?)... we didn't do overly interesting stuff, apart from seeing Narnia, which neither of us were very impressed with. I personally didn't find it magical and sparkly enough (it's a children's fantasy story and just wasn't... that fantastic. We also went to the market and I (somewhat amazingly... I still don't quite believe it) managed to look through the entire book sale and not buy anything. First time, I believe. Normally to stop myself spending I have to avoid looking in the first place. (I have some self restraint!)

Annoyingly on Monday, our seminar tutor hadn't yet marked our essays (mine was on Endgame: it was either that or some rap/hip hop/popular culture lyrics by Naz... I preferred the Beckett somewhat) and so we now have to go tomorrow afternoon to collect them... grargh.

Tuesday brought some good calculus test results from our mid-semester test (worth 20% of the unit), which made my day a bit brighter, although it was already rather bright what with Simon being here.

And tomorrow? Well, I'm going to my flatmate's cousin's for Shabbat, since absolutely no-one is in Hillel for Shabbat (most have gone home: term ends tomorrow) and it's a bit of a scary place to be in on your own, since it was broken into last week. (I forgot to blog that, didn't I? We had a brick through a window for an attempted burglary the night after someone had tried to climb through the same person's window which had been open.) It's pretty empty here already, but as I've already mentioned I've an essay to collect tomorrow afternoon, never mind the lecture in the morning.

Home on Sunday!

No comments: