Monday, August 14, 2006

So... today starts my second week of work. The excitement of the day is that I'm answering phones on a different floor this afternoon, due to miscoordinated leave up there.

Aaaaaaanyway, today marks the start of a ceasefire between Israel and Lebanon... quite how long it'll last I've no idea. Israel have said their soldiers will still act defensively (i.e. if they are attacked) and Hezbolla have said that they'll only keep the ceasefire if Israeli soldiers get out of Lebanon, which hasn't happened as the IDF are waiting for the UN force/Lebanese army to move south and take control. The ceasefire may be interesting, shall we say.

On a completely separate note, I had a really nice day yesterday. Josh (my nephew) came over for lunch and the afternoon (although I left with Si at 1.30), and then Si and I went to the afternoon prom, which was lots of Mozart with Maxim Vengerov on violin (I have previously spelt his name differently, but that's how it was in the programme). It was a really good (and packed) prom. Afterwards we hopped on the bus towards Leicester Sq and ate at Tokyo Diner- sushi! We then went and bought ice cream afterwards, which was rather yummy too (although Ben & Jerry's in Leicester Sq doesn't have half-baked). That was basically it, but it just felt like an enjoyable day.

No comments: