Friday, July 23, 2004

5 hours at the Bayit later...

I feel happy and contented and that it has been a productive day today.  :D

The day didn't begin all too well with me being a little scared to even leave the confines of my bedroom until about 9.30 am due to ructions in the house, but after that things seemed to go rather swimmingly. 

I went down to shul and sorted out the noticeboard.  (Updating it to July birthdays three weeks late.  :S Sorry anyone who has a July birthday in Kenton.  Public apology.)  I also took down some other old stuff (although not all of it, as otherwise there would have been some rather large gaps... however, after Monday those gaps can be filled, so the remaining old stuff will be taken down too :)), and put up a 'gone for the summer' poster (A3 in order to take up more space.  I coloured it all bright and colourful too :)).  While I was there I sorted out other youth service business: requesting printed labels for our mailing on Monday, checking that we could actually use the shul building for envelope stuffing, etc. 

I then continued on my way, accompanying my mother to Preston Road to select tuck for camp (starts on Wednesday :D  Excitement all round) and then caught the tube (and then a bus) to the BA Bayit (it won't make sense to any of you really, will it?  BA is the youth movement I belong to (the one I am taking a camp and going to Israel with this summer) and the "bayit" (literally translating to house) is a house in Temple Fortune which has a gazillion photocopiers, lots of paper (all colours, including yellow) and is the headquarters of BAUK).  There was what could be described as chaos at the Bayit, where everything for all BA summer camps is being held at the moment (that's 5 different camps over the 4 - 18 August stretch and almost 500 participants, if not more), with there barely being a square metre of space to sit and do whatever you need to do.  Despite that, Hannah and I managed to find (having navigated the obstacle course *rather* well) a small space in which to work and placed ourselves down, for our 5 hour shiur booklet making stint.  (We didn't plan it to take 5 hours, nor did we realise it took that until we left and looked at our watches.)  A shiur is a source based discussion (I think that's the simplest way of describing it) and our shiur for camp is on Joseph's dreams.  We've made the cutest booklet instead of source sheets, with a great flowchart to interpret dreams with. 

So it feels like a productive day and I'm happy with it.  Still slightly scared by the small amount of time I have in which to do so much over the next few days, but hopefully it will pan out okay.  :)

No comments: