Thursday, July 01, 2004

The Joys of Work Shadowing Part II

Hmm... I don't think I should have complained on Monday about fruitless searches, since today I have proof-read three articles, and that's about it. Seeing that I got in at 9.15 this morning and it is now 14:03, that isn't very productive, and has meant that I've had near on four hours of boredom and sitting doing nothing. (Well, I made use of time to check my webmail accounts, and find a map of where the theatre is for tonight and I'm writing this here now, so I have been doing something, but just filling the nothingness.) (Ooh. And I have nearly finished today's crossword.) I was considering reading some more of 'King Lear' which I have in my bag somewhere, but thought that would appear rather rude. Somewhat ruder than typing away at a computer, which nearly everybody else is doing too. It's just that my typing is nothing to do with their work, really.

Back to twiddling my thumbs... or maybe I'll read their new edition of Eurofruit which I have just noticed on the desk that I'm sitting at. Hm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to eating lots of fruit? :(

Naomi said...

I'd been wondering about that. I think that that was Chris's attempt at humour, except humour doesn't tend to work so well over the Internet, does it? Each da I have seen fruit going past...apples on Tuesday and some grapefruit on Thursday, but the only fruit I eat here is that which I bring with me.

I'm happier now though: I'm currently writing my third piece for their website. The first two I've already uploaded onto there: www.fruitnet.com. I wrote the one about the departure of the HPL MD and also the one about supermarkets being investigated for giving British suppliers a poor deal, or something like that. Currently writing about the investments into the Ukraine supermarkets, specifically by Metro (they're a Cash&Carry in the Ukraine I think, not the free newspaper).

The magazine is"the international marketing magazine for fresh produce buyers" in whichever region of the world you are buying the magazine for.