Sunday, August 22, 2004

Gah. Another forgotten memory or two.

I am off to Israel this evening for a week, and so once again will not blog for a while, however this time I am going to blog, but not online, while I am away, so that I don't have all these forgotten memories. I'm also going to try and figure out what to reminisce from camp, so that I can do a big blog for the two weeks of camp (which I realise are still missing from here).

Yes, as predicted my memory is slowly returning to me. (Or, more accurately, memories are returning to my mind which I have forgotten. I doubt my memory ever left me, just the memories seemed to hide away so that I could not access them.)

(This is another pre-camp memory, by the way. I recall it being very funny when we were at pre-camp, but I have a feeling that it is nowhere near as funny when retold on a blog on the net. Ah well, here goes.)

There are actually two things (*shock* Naomi can actually remember two things??), which I at first remembered as one, as they both involved acting, however I then looked back at the memory and realised that one, indeed, was just an inane advert, whereas the other was an advert for a made up superhero.

On Friday night, we were gathered in the gym (which hadn't changed since I was at Aleph summer '98, I'm sure, except for the fact that the stage was lower than I remember. Everything else was the same though: the curtains, the windows, the climbing frame thingies, even the piano) and we got into groups of three or four (I think. I was in a group of three) and each group was given a slip of paper with a product, style and catchphrase out of which to make an advert. The thing was, the catchphrase was always nothing to do with the product (style is never really related). For example, we had to advertise a Bnei Akiva CD including the catchphrase "I thought I saw a pussy cat, I did, I did, I did!" in the style of 'Eastenders'. Fun. Except that wasn't the big memory. One group had Teletubby style (I can't even remember the product or catchphrase, but the skit was truly wonderful) and they repeated their skit a gazillion and one times screaming "Again, again!" each time they had finished. Also Alistair's wonderful impression of the teletubby who is lucky enough to have had a video implanted in his stomach was great, and it's a real shame that this all happened on Shabbat, and so we couldn't take photos, as it is an image in everyone's minds I'm sure.

On another day (I don't remember which, but it was the day when we prepared stuff about superheroes) we made adverts again, but this time we were only given a style and we had to advertise a made up superhero (so we had to make one up too). Our style was Biblical, so we had a man who could pee pure water, thereby saving us in the desert (I do not remember the superhero name :( ), but again, the one I was in was not the one I remember so much. Josh, the tallest madrich at 6'3", was made into 'Shortman', and had an amazing superhero-dashing-to-the-rescue type look which is actually all I remember on top of the hilarious name considering his height. I appeal for more funny details, if anyone can remember them.

No comments: