Monday, August 23, 2004

It doesn't feel like Monday.

I haven't had a normal night's sleep since Sunday morning, due to last night's night flight. So, not only has my sleep pattern been mucked up (I've been told that I did actually sleep on the 'plane, but I don't think it was that much, since I heard the same four pieces of classical music at least three times each. They really shouldn't let that happen on a four hour flight. There is blatently enough music in the world to have different music playing for four hours. I also caught two hours sleep after lunch today, which explains why I can still write at this time of night), but I also can't properly tell which day of the week it is, due to the loss of a night.

I was rather annoyed when going through passport control in Israel, as I managed to go in the queue where everyone was being made to fill in landing cards (which they hadn't given out on the 'plane, and they normally do). I normally don't mind filling in landing cards, but they have recently been updated and changed, and they require even more information than they used to. What's more, I then got through passport control to discover that barely any other person in our group had filled one in.

But we did see Dovid in the airport. :) *waves to Dovid*

Exciting thing that happened yesterday: I finally found a recording of Schumann's Fantasiestücke (op.73)! It was 'free' with a BBC music magazine (but I really bought it for the CD) - you don't understand how long I've been looking for it! Even I can't remember when I first started looking for it!

Exciting thing that happened today: Daniel (madrich (leader)) told me about Bernie's (another madrich who reads 'Private Eye') rosh yeshiva (head of yeshiva. A yeshiva is a place of intensive Jewish study for boys. The equivalent for girls is a midrasha (seminary).) is some kind of world expert on Milton (and one of very few in the world apparently), and that he manages to keep his secular and religious studies completely separate. (I think I'm about to be accused of being slightly obsessed. :S)

No comments: