Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Sun and swim

The incessant rain that was appears to be somewhat less incessant than I thought: it rained early-ish this morning (9ish I think) and has been sunny ever since, for the first time in weeks. Yay! This was a handy coincidence with my plan to go for a swim this morning at the Aquatics Centre, where I did 40 lengths (the wall in the middle was up, so that's 40 lengths of 25 metres). I managed to keep myself at a pace where at the end of each 15 minutes of being in the water I had finished another 10 lengths. No, it doesn't take me a minute and a half to swim 25 metres: I tend to stop in between lengths every few, but this kept me going better than I may have otherwise. I like it there: there are always at least 8 lanes (3 slow, 3 medium and 2 fast) and barely ever is it that busy that you have more than 3 or 4 people in the lane- at some points today I was the only one in the lane, and most of the time there was only one other.

This afternoon entailed clearing out various drawers and things in my room, in preparation for packing up all my stuff. Funnier is the stuff I found underneath the bottom drawers: a puzzle book and a cake knife! (As well as plastic bags and other things...)

No comments: