Tuesday, September 13, 2005

copy copy copy

So, I'm sitting on the floor of the lounge copying all of my dad's CDs onto the laptop I'm taking to university- to be honest, I've been meaning to copy these CDs for ages and haven't got round to it. I think copyright-wise I'm alright, as I'm not profiting out of the music in any way (monetary-wise anyway) and it's all for personal use, so all should be good. After that, I'm going to finish copying all my previously bought music from the PC over to the laptop. All copying fun. Woo.

Put some stuff into crates this morning. New phone arrived too, number hopefully not changing, will keep you posted (although if it does change, I won't post the number, for obvious reasons). This top arrived this morning, having ordered it the other day. The pink is slightly different, less bright I think, to how it appears in the picture. Still awaiting book deliveries, although I have now read everything on my reading list. Although Manchester's English faculty haven't put up any of the compulsory joint honours units, I know the titles of them and used that. I'm just hoping that all the times up on various bits of the site aren't all correct, since I'll then have two compulsory lectures at the same time for different subjects, which would be a bit difficult. Hm.

Last night it was Kajal's birthday celebration. A little early, for my sake I think, since I'm one of the first of my school friends to be starting university, and I'm going out of London too. We went to Pizza Express. Rather funny series of events. Kajal booked for 20 of us, and then lots of people couldn't come, and there were only seven. So instead of being upstairs and being able to make lots of noise, etc they made us come downstairs, which we didn't mind overly apart from the fact that there was actually a really nice seven seater round table upstairs and they had no such thing downstairs. So we went downstairs, like they asked. Being a group of teenage girls, we were bound to be noisy, especially since it was a birthday. And yet the waiter decided to come over and ask us if we could be a bit quieter.. and then told us not too quiet as they still wanted to have some atmosphere! It's not like we were their sound machine or anything! If they wanted ambient chatter for their restaurant they should invest in such a CD or some such thing.. if it exists. If it doesn't, shotgun it's my idea. And then, to top off the whole evening, despite having written in their booking that it was an 18th BIRTHDAY, they still managed to not put a candle in Kaj's dessert. I thought that was terrible. I mean, come on. It was in the booking.

What a wonderful life, eh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's more about how you're Noami than how you're all teenaged girls. You are going to be loud FOREVERMORE. ;) -Netta

Naomi said...

I wasn't the only one being loud! Promise! I'm not sure if I was the loudest though...