Wednesday, September 28, 2005

My room stinks of smoke

And so does all the stuff that isn't in a cupboard or drawer. Grrrrrrr.

The story: one of my flatmates decided it would be really nice to have a chocolate evening here, and her plan was to melt chocolate and then we could dip fruit in it and everything would be lovely, fine and dandy. (The next is all what others have told me and I can guess, as I was actually out throughout the whole of the next bit at wind orchestra.) So my flatmate breaks up the chocolate, puts it in bowls and bungs it in the microwave. And then (I've no idea how long it was left, but any sensible person knows you should check it every 30 seconds or so anyway) there was loads of smoke billowing out of the kitchen (which I omitted mentioning is adjoining to my bedroom, and no others) and out the windows and she called the fire brigade and a whole load of fire alarms went off. Anyhow, the main result is that my room is basically the only one really affected, with most of my clothes stinking of smoke and nearly everything else that was out (I haven't checked stuff in drawers). Humph.

No comments: