Monday, September 26, 2005

Textbooks

So, I went and bought my maths textbooks today, and boy am I glad that my hall is close to the bookshop. One was really huge, really heavy and really expensive, the other was half the price and didn't even approach a similar size or weight. That's a lot of money for two textbooks, but at least Manchester's School of Mathematics is kind and gives book tokens to those who get AAB (and lots of money to those who get straight As, but that ain't me).

Moment of randonimity: I have decided that fizzy mango stuff is not the way to go. Still mango juice is incredibly yummy though.

Back to normality (if there is such a thing for me..)
Lectures properly started today (I had a couple of introductory maths ones on Friday), with an English lecture and a tutorial for the lecture, and two maths lectures, one for each of the modules. One thing's for sure, I'm glad I did further maths, even if it was only to AS. It's sooooo useful and means that all the would-be confusing stuff doesn't fly whoooosh straight over my head like it has been for quite a few. I suppose we have textbooks to help us along now though. Nice heavy ones. ;) Good thing with my English units: part of our assessment is through what they call WebCT, which is basically an online discussion board/forum thing.. anyone who knows what I'm like and how I get addicted to those will know why I say it's a good thing. Only bad thing is that I seem to be unable to log on at the moment. Doh.

No comments: