Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Haven't posted for a while...

...and so will now. :)

The week so far (and the few weeks coming up) have (and are expected to be) rather hectic, which isn't so great, especially when it's weeks on end. Ah well, it's Friday afternoon sleep time of year now, which makes it slightly more bearable.

Sunday saw me spending the day in Hillel House in Euston, in the morning for orchestra, and the afternoon for an aj6 Oxbridge interview preparation type thing. I didn't mind that: the day was enjoyable; it was getting home. There's no met line between Harrow on the Hill and Aldgate at the weekend at the moment, plus no Jubilee line between Neasden and Stanmore. For anyone who doesn't know, I live on the Met line and the Jubilee is pretty close too. To get to Euston I can also take the Silerlink, but when we finished on Sunday I went to Euston Station, and I would have had to have waited for half an hour for the next train to Kenton, which I wasn't really up for. So I went and took the tube, taking the Jubilee line to Willesden Green, and then taking a rail replacement to Northwick Park. This was all fine and dandy, until walking home from the tube station...which took twenty-five minutes! (This walk normally takes eight, so twenty-five is quite a bit longer.) It was dark, and there were scary drug gangs on the rape bridge, so I walked the long way home. But it took a long time and I got wet and cold. :(

Monday I went to the dentist in the morning (my teeth are fine :)), and then went on to school, and in the afternoon I went straight from school to Raleigh Close shul for Andrew and Rosa's sheva brachot. Which were wonderful, except there was something up with the PA system, which meant we did a much much shorter set than planned (although how they expected to quite fit in the full set, I have no idea). I liked all the balloons and party poppers and bubbles!! I love bubbles. :) (Little things please little minds.)

Hmmm... Tuesday. I went in late, did the maths challenge, went and had chemistry explained by Mr. Dawson (our new head of science, who knows what is in the syllabus, unlike my other chemistry teacher) and had English and orchestra in the afternoon. It just seemed busy, despite the late start. (Possibly due to not returning home until about 6.15pm.)

Today I don't overly remember, apart from having further maths and maths, but no other lessons. And I don't seem to have done enough work tonight either. Gah. Damn having four essays for the same subject at the same time. *silly teachers*

No comments: