Thursday, January 20, 2005

Hair

I had my hair cut on Monday afternoon and it now feels all short. I mean, it isn't really short at all, still probably long in most people's eyes, but it feels short when I run my fingers through it and it seems short and oh! I don't know, it's just that strange shortness that hair always feels after it's been cut. I suppose because when it is cut, it's made shorter. (Yes, obvious I know, but it just still feels short three days later. It's not even like it looks short to me. Just feels it.)

The really strange thing is that I've just washed my hair (no, that isn't the strange bit, it'll come in a moment) and yet it still smells of the stuff they put in it on Monday at the hairdresser. I'm not complaining, it's a yummy delicious smell, but I just thought it weird that it had stayed despite the fact that I washed my hair really thoroughly. Hmm.

(This is also to point out to most people (please note most, this includes family members who have seen me since Monday, but this does not mean all) that I have actually had my hair cut. There is less of it. Yes, some was chopped off. No, I didn't have a fight with the scissors. Yes, well, just to point out that it is a bit shorter and different. And thank you to those who did notice. :))

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wacky motor/tactile response/memory.

Cut your hair and you don't stop noticing it for weeks, spread your arms against a doorway for a bit and they only tend to drift for minutes at most.

Maybe you just run your hands through your hair too often.
Maybe I should back off as a dime-store neurologist...

Naomi said...

I only do when brushing my hair and washing it and perhaps putting it up. It's at those times that I notice it.

I'm rather absent-minded on occasion in that I will meant to say or do something and then will completely forget (I think actually it's my short term memory that's rather useless- when taking notes from a class, I can't remember a few seconds later, but I do when I return home) and so hence that could explain forgetting to mention the haircut until three days later. Or perhaps I was fed up with people not noticing. Alternatively, in the same way some people have selective hearing, I'm selectively blonde.

Spreading arms on a door? Right...

Anonymous said...

'I'm rather absent-minded on occasion in that I will meant to say or do something and then will completely forget (I think actually it's my short term memory that's rather useless- when taking notes from a class, I can't remember a few seconds later, but I do when I return home) and so hence that could explain forgetting to mention the haircut until three days later. Or perhaps I was fed up with people not noticing. Alternatively, in the same way some people have selective hearing, I'm selectively blonde.'

Did any of that paragraph have any relevance to the previous comment whatsoever?!

AG.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you missed the bit about the short term memory and selective blondness.

Or maybe you're her, pretending to be someone else criticising her. :-]

Naomi said...

Indeed, it was to do with the memory. Thank you, Mr. Anonymous. :)

Anonymous said...

...I hate blogger for forcing anonymous non-registered use.

I was simply basking in the field of irony he had generated. :-)


MA (also did reply #1)

Anonymous said...

So far as I can see, MA's original comment had no reference to the fact that Naomi didn't post about the haircut until three days after it occurred.

AG.

Naomi said...

Yes it did.

"Wacky motor/tactile response/memory" was in reference to the fact that I only remembered that I'd had it cut three days after the event.

"Cut your hair and you don't stop noticing it for weeks" was connected through cutting hair.

"Maybe you just run your hands through your hair too often" was to do with the fact that I commented that it felt short when I ran my fingers through my hair.