Wednesday, June 22, 2005

English unit 6

So, the poem they gave us was 'The Landscape near an Aerodrome' by Stephen Spender, 1933. A little odd, with an inverted image of the church, but I think my essay for that was alright.

The synoptic question (which I prepared 'Translations' and 'The Tempest' for) was a choice (as ever), but (as always) I can't remember the question that I didn't do. I did one that was talking about "...power-real power- ultimately doesn't lie in physical strength or emotional pressure, but communication", or something along those lines. A very similar oneappeared a ew years ago, just minus the emotional pressure, so I was quite happy: I'd written an answer to the past one, so had an idea of what I was writing, but wrote different stuff all the same. I hope I did alright in that paper. I kind of need to.

Last night we had over 60 people in our garden for baby's pidyon haben (no, he still isn't named... photos when I'm told I can, and when I remember and have time to find a cute smiley one). The weather was good (we wouldn't have easily fitted that many indoors) and the whole thing was very nice. :)

On to M2 this afternoon and chemistry revision for tomorrow! (I must learn more about arenes I think.)

No comments: