Wednesday, June 15, 2005

'Othello' and Chaucer

Well, it's over with a muchly aching hand. I finished both my essays, spending exactly an hour on each (I remember finishing the first one at 10.10, when we started at 9.10 and the second one I finished and then they said "put your pens down" a few seconds later). Okay, so not that great technique in that I didn't have time to check or read through either essay before handing them in, but I did notice mistakes while writing the essay and corrected them there and then, for example writing Shakespeare's contemporaries in my Chaucer essay and the like. But I realised that and corrected it straight away. :) I don't even quite know why I wrote it in the first place, but I did. For anyone who is interested, I did both (b) questions on Shakespeare's 'Othello' and Chaucer's 'The Merchant's Prologue and Tale', the Chaucer one was about the Tale appealing to the modern reader due to us recognising our own world of deceit in the Tale, whilst the Shakespeare one was something along the lines of "In 'Othello' Shakespeare creates a similar world to that of our own: one where stupidity is more destructive than evil." How far do you agree? Or something like that. Both were quite good for putting in lots of context, the Chaucer more so as I talked of modern, religious and Classical morality and modern and contemporary readers etc. I don't remember the other questions for the life of me, so don't bother even asking. One thing I do know is that I didn't like the other questions and that my hand ached lots by the end of it. One of my fingers clicked during the exam! (Naomi's fingers don't often click.)

Anyway, on to revising mechanics, synoptic English, reading random poetry in preparation for unseen (haha, what an excuse! Oh I love it) and I suppose lots of chemistry too, which is all still to come. I think I mainly need to do lots and lots of organic revision for that. Unit 6 is fine.. it's all mathsy and so I can do it: lots of calculations and the like. Transition elements and trends and patterns is last and I'm thinking of leaving the bulk of that revision until I have finished all the other exams, since I have about four days of no exams before that. Should be okay. *hopes*

M1 tomorrow. Easy I think and hope. :) Yay.

No comments: