Saturday, December 25, 2004

Hmmm. Haven't blogged for a while. Don't really know why, seeing as it's the holidays, and I would have thought I would blog more then, since I would have more time to waste. I suppose I haven't had anything blog-inspiring, or, invariably, whenever blog inspiration hits, the computer is in use by another family member. *sighs* Ah well, blogging now.

Birthday (my 18th, on the 21st, Tuesday) was good and enjoyable; although we only managed to open the champagne we were going to open on the day last night, but what the heck, it was still a good day, and the bubbly was still lovely. Mmmmmmm. Been joking with my mum that I'll take her to the pub... 'cept all she'll want is a coffee. *rolls eyes* Received rather a lot of yellow, smiley and colourful stuff, which, of course, made me happy. :D I like yellow, smiley and multicoloured stuff. :D

Today was an interesting Shabbat. Didn't have to get to shul 'til a bit later than usual, as there wasn't a youth service until mussaf (additional service for Shabbat), as opposed to the usual 9.30 stint (which I need to improve on... I've been leaving it a little late of late). Went to the Finesilvers' for lunch, which was rather nice. 'Cept it's a good half an hour walk to them from shul, and it was cold. And then a bit less to get home. But goinghome didn't seem too bad. Strangely, rather a lot of shops on Preston Road were open, including a barber (and there were actually customers in there too). We finished lunch about half an hour before Shabbat went out, which gave us time to walk home with two minutes to spare before havdala. Spent some of the evening watching TV with my parents (Harry Potter, which my mum managed to be confused by and I found the music incredibly annoying... never mind the characters and predictable story line, and Vicar of Dibley, which was predictably very funny).

No comments: