Thursday, December 30, 2004

In continuation...

I thought the film was really well handled, with the introductiona as to how Jews were treated then, and, yes, of course Shylock appeared the alien (there's that great line that actually refers to him as an alien) and of course there is an element of anti-Semitism in the play, but I think that was reduced through the way Michael Radford handled it. Anyway, I thought it was an excellent production. Thoroughly recommend it.

I'm not very happy with the lack of local tube services. To be fair, the Silverlink (national rail line) and Bakerloo lines are running from Kenton, but there's no Metropolitan line between Harrow-on-the-Hill and Aldgate and no Jubilee between Stanmore and Neasden. There are rail replacement buses, but I hate sitting on them through all the traffic and they're often icky buses and you don't know how regularly they'll come. I don't mind taking them to get home, but I don't like having to rely on them to get anywhere... you can't guarantee getting there on time unless you leave ages to get there.

Hmmm. Slowly procrastinating more and more. *doesn't like Streetcar* Grrr. I like Keats. Although I haven't necessarily been reading the set poems... :S Hmm. Maybe I should. But P4 is so much lovelier to go and just do. Especially now that Daniel's lent me his graphic calculator (which are allowed in exams and are oh-so-brilliant when you have to sketch graphs). :D But I should go and write a Streetcar essay and then do some P4 methinks. And then some Keats after that. Yes. That's right. Don't procrastinate longer doing other time-wasting things like chatting and tidying my room and playing with the graphic calculator trying to work out how to use it and the like. Nonononono. Work. Work. Hmm.

No comments: