Sunday, March 06, 2005

Ooops

Overslept this morning again. I woke up when my alarm went off, but somehow managed to fall asleep again, and then didn't wake up 'til 9.40ish. Tubes and trains were then treacherous trying to get to orchestra, and so I arrived in Euston around 11.15ish. The fact that I was waiting outside Hillel House (where I have orchestra each Sunday) for about 10/15 minutes until someone actually opened the door is minor. Well, not really. It was rather cold. :S

All rather strange (the oversleeping thing) considering I woke up yesterday really awake, if you know what I mean. Most mornings I just want to go back to sleep, which clearly happened this morning, although I recall no conscious decision to do so. I just think I thought at the time that I had 15-30 minutes to stay resting and not having to get up yet... and then I must have nodded off. *looks guilty* Ah well, I was punished by TfL and Silverlink Metro in return: darn engineering works. (Although it was rather comic sitting at Baker Street this morning waiting for a train: the announcements about engineering works on the tube this morning actually didn't stop. It went straight from engineering works to safety and back without a pause. Normally they wait a minute or two between announcements. I think there were problems on the Metropolitan, Jubilee, District, Circle, Northern, Central and Bakerloo lines as well as Silverlink services. It did make me laugh.)

No comments: