Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Shopping and working

We broke up for the Easter break last Friday, and so since I have been (putting off) doing work and shopping in the main. I've done lots of pure maths (both P3 and P6), as I find that maths is a thing that can very much start and stop and doesn't require a long long time to think and then write up, like English does. Although with maths I tend to think that, and then do just a couple of questions, and think, oh that can't have taken too long, and then look at my clock and realise it's about 20 minutes or half an hour (or even an hour with those horrible questions that take forever to go through all the right processes, although they happen to be really obvious and easy. I hate them, just because of the time they take to write out) after I'd started working, and that it was, in fact, much later than I had originally thought. And so maths doesn't take much less time than, say, writing an essay, but writing an essay isn't as conducive to doing in small(er) chunks. Or so (psychologically) it would appear to me. Not that I have many essays to do, and I think I have lots of maths. Although consolidating English notes would be a good move, perhaps whilst re-reading the text too. Maybe I'll dig out my big post-it notes for sticking in the texts when I discover something cool to think and write about. And of course having a pencil with me at all times, but that happens anyway.

Ah yes, the shopping. I went yesterday (briefly) to Harrow; bought a skirt (such a lovely lovely pretty denim skirt, just below knee length), a bag, a book, a CD, and um, a couple of other things. Went to Watford with Laura today and I bought some trousers (linen summer ones), shoes (summer ones again, but I badly need more shoes), a funky hairband for Purim, finger paints, glue sticks and silver card. There may have been other bits and pieces, but I forget. I will update if I remember or can be bothered to. :)

No comments: