Tuesday, March 01, 2005

It's raining

It's pouring, the old man is snoring. Ooooh, sleep. Mmm. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

I love trainee teachers' enthusiasm. Extra notes, typed and ready to be highlighted. :D Except they do at the same time need to learn that when Chaucer is read with an accent that can be understood pretty much as modern English, with the exception of the odd strange word which needs translating, a translation of the three lines that have just been read does not have to be given, nor repeated three times. All the way through, so that whilst we read 130 lines for homework, we only reached about line 80 or 100 in the lesson. Going through what we had just read for homework. Gah. What a contrast to last week's lesson by the same teacher, which wasn't so bad, despite the fact that it was an introduction to the language, which I've experienced before when I read the complete tales. (Or complete up to where Chaucer wrote before he died, anyway.)

Still trying to find the order of thiosulphate and hydrogen ions for chemistry (when they react with each other), as it isn't in any of the 23 or so chemistry text books that I happen to own. (Don't ask why I own quite so many, I don't really understand why myself, but they sit on shelves around the house and I do have them. No-one in my family is a proper chemist or would really have reason to have these books either. Strange.)

No comments: