Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Curtains, postcards and films

As promised yesterday, here are some photos of my new curtains and postcards:

[edit] I've just updated the photos with clearer ones: I fiddled with the camera a bit and realised they didn't have to be quite so blurry as before.


The curtains.


The detail on the curtains.


My postcard wall.

Right, and the film. Well, it was disappointing when compared with the book, but then few films live up to the book (or radio plays in this case). However, it was better than all the damning reviews made it out to be. And despite Marvin's physical appearance being really really wrong, I liked his voice. And the voice of the computer of the Heart of Gold. And the appearance of the Vogons. Arthur Dent was alright, but I didn't like Zaphod. He was full of himself and smarmy enough, but his heads were all wrong. I mean, there weren't two separate ones! Yes, it would have been difficult to have two completely separate heads, but video trickery and what-have-you these days must be capable of it. And how is one head meant to be able to talk to the other? Or lean on two separate headrests at the Restaurant at the end of the Universe? I liked Stephen Fry (the voice of the Guide) lots, and was thoroughly amused by the singing dolphins. Catchy song, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hitchhikers? I thought that trillian looked rather young in all the trailers. And Zaphod NEEDS two heads. They REALLLLLY got marvin wrong. HE IS NOT SUPPESED TO LOOK LIKE A TELETUBBY/ROBOCOP HYBRID!!!
(ok, enough shouting!)
I do like your curtains, and I can't rememer what your room looks like in detail, so I can't really tell the diference, but it looks nice. I have a postcard somewhere for you. It's brightly coloured, with PLASTIC SPADES on it.

Naomi said...

Yep, the Hitchhikers film. Trillian wasn't awful, but she wasn't great. Agreed Zaphod was wrong in appearance. Marvin's voice was good, but appearance was awful. You should go and see the film and not just rely on trailers!

Oooooooooh brightly coloured plastic spades. :)