Sunday, February 13, 2005

*growls at public transport*

An hour and forty-five minutes! When it usually takes half an hour, max. forty-five minutes! Grrrrrrrr. Hopped on a tube, to be told I had to get off at Willesden Junction and grab a rail replacement bus... which wasn't coming for another 20 minutes. So I jumped on the first bus that came and got off at the first tube station (White City I think). From there got on the tube, managed to go one stop and then they announce that it was a defective train and so we all had to get off. Waited another five to ten minutes for the next tube, which I then took to Oxford Circus and changed to the Victoria line for Euston. Gah. A journey and a half just to get to orchestra. Coming home was simpler: I decided to take the Metropolitan line rail replacement buses, as they are more frequent than the Silverlink and Bakerloo line ones. Journey was still over an hour in length, but nowhere near as frustrating as the one going in. Ugg, I hate public transport. Especially in London.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugg, I hate cakes. Especially in April. I am the king of earth and I like to dance around in just my pants and squirt juice from a hosepipe connected to an otter, whilst a bee looks on, quizzically.

I am off drugs.