Sunday, February 27, 2005

Tired

Rather tired from yesterday. Every year I forget how tired I'll be, and it's not even like I was tired last night after the tochnit ended and we finished clearing up the shul, it's when you wake up the next morning. Ach. I really haven't been feeling like working or doing anything at all apart from lazy (or procrastionatory) things like blogging or checking (and replying to) emails and the like. Not work, anyway. Especially the poem crit with reference to 'Translations'. It's a strange enough poem on its own, never mind having to relate it to a play. I thought up the trivial "both authors are Irish" point, as well as the loss of origins and culture. There are things to write, it just takes the crit to a different level which I can't be particularly bothered to do. (The poem is 'Hercules & Antaeus' by Seamus Heaney. I still hold that I prefer Heaney's essays to his poetry. Strange, I know, but it's my preference.)

No comments: